Saturday, 10 September 2016

Karl Robinson: I was offered Leeds job but they ended up with a better manager

After MK Dons' 1-1 draw at Bolton today, I asked their manager Karl Robinson what happened with Leeds United this summer.

He was reported to have been Massimo Cellino's first choice for the manager's job, but turned it down after having a meeting with the Italian.

"It was a unique summer," Robinson said. "It came close, but I chose to stay.

"Now they’ve ended up with a better manager than me in Garry Monk.

"Mr Cellino has said an awful lot of things about me. A lot of people didn’t know the truth.

"We can’t always say what goes on. But I’m an MK Dons man. I live there, my daughter goes to school there and my wife has a business there.

"I love this club. I was jumping around like a madman today because I care."

4 comments:

  1. The fact that two league one managers turned us down was a watershed moment for me on how far we've fallen because of cellino. Couldn't believe how hard he chased the Bristol manager and then bizarrely got Monk, who I think is a good manager. apparently Cellino crashed the dressing room after y'days match to chew out the team..maybe that had something to do with him losing his cool with popey. Now it looks like a Div 2 italian, with no knowledge of UK football/players/pressure is coming in as 'Director of Football'!!
    I Can't see anything changing until MC goes...and god hope its soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fact that two league one managers turned us down was a watershed moment for me on how far we've fallen because of cellino. Couldn't believe how hard he chased the Bristol manager and then bizarrely got Monk, who I think is a good manager. apparently Cellino crashed the dressing room after y'days match to chew out the team..maybe that had something to do with him losing his cool with popey. Now it looks like a Div 2 italian, with no knowledge of UK football/players/pressure is coming in as 'Director of Football'!!
    I Can't see anything changing until MC goes...and god hope its soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you need Personal Loan? Business Cash Loan? Unsecured Loan Fast and Simple Loan? Quick Application Process? Approvals within 12-24 Hours? No Hidden Fees Loan? Funding in less than 2 days? Get unsecured working capital? Contact Us At :(urgentloan22@gmail.com)

    LOAN APPLICATION FORM:
    =================
    Full Name:................
    Loan Amount Needed:.
    Purpose of loan:.......
    Loan Duration:..
    Gender:.............
    Marital status:....
    Location:..........
    Home Address:..
    City:............
    Country:......
    Phone:..........
    Mobile / Cell:....
    Occupation:......
    Monthly Income:....
    Contact Us At :urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My name is.Mrs.Anna Daniel. I live in Ukraine i am a happy woman today? i need to use this time to tell all people how i got my loan from this honest and God fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $84,000 please contact him. if you also need a loan without any problem he name is Dr Purva Pius email (urgentloan22@gmail.com) tell him that is Mrs.Anna Daniel that refer you to he

    ReplyDelete