Apparently they were talking about the drinks taking up to a 50% stake in the club.
I ran a story and Cellino was very touchy about it indeed.
He said he had held talks with a middleman acting for the company. And that the talks were not about Red Bull taking a significant stake at all, but about sponsorship and investment. Something like renaming the training ground.
Cellino insisted he was at the club for the long haul and had unfinished business.
The Daily Mail website ran a story claiming Red Bull were in takeover talks. Apparently the club sent them a legal letter about the story and got an apology. There were also suggestions they had received some minor financial compensation.
I went on TalkSport to talk about it all on Sunday November 2nd - essentially summing up what I've written above.
I then got a text from Massimo Cellino, forwarding on a text he had been sent by Andrew Umbers.
"Just been listening to simon Austin on national radio saying that you are considering selling the club to red bull and talks are ongoing.
"Not good news. Leaves a confused message to fans, sponsors and players."
That wasn't what I'd said, but anyway.
Things seem to have changed now. Cellino is banned and facing the prospect of further bans. He says he has received an offer and that it will be considered by the board.
A figure of £60 million has been mentioned, which you would imagine would be accepted, if it's true.
Still more to go on this.